- Develop, validate and transfer molecular tools, including novel genetic markers, to detect trypanocide resistance to three African laboratories;
- Support establishment of a drug control laboratory in Africa and conduct drug quality surveys in three countries;
- Identify and evaluate suspected “hot spots” of trypanocide resistance in south-western Ethiopia, Central Mozambique and northern Togo;
- Develop and test best-bet integrated control strategies minimizing and reversing trypanocide resistance;
- Develop and implement area-specific strategies and extension messages to improve the effectiveness of trypanocide;
- Determine impact of interventions on livelihoods of livestock producers.